Friday, August 10, 2018

Pink Cockatoo



The other day I was browsing through Amazon's Daily Deals when I came across a 15ml tube of Daniel Smith Lavender! I had been excited to try Daniel Smith watercolors for awhile because I always see other artists mentioning how beautiful they are. The price was the lowest I have seen for a tube of any color so I bought it. When it arrived I didn't really have an idea of what I was going to use it for so I just took out my little 5 inch book and painted part of the paper with it to see how it looked. It is beautiful in person, the scanner will never pick up the sparkle that this paint has. Later when I was browsing Pintrest I found a cute pink cockatoo that I wanted to paint in gouache. I thought it would look interesting on the lavender watercolor background and I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. My favorite part is making all of the detail lines with my thin brush to really bring the bird to life.

Full disclosure: I signed up to be an amazon affiliate so if you click on my link and buy something I get a small portion of the sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment