Saturday, August 18, 2018

Gouache Color Chart


I made this gouache color chart a couple of days after I made the watercolor chart. I have been battling sciatica pain the past few weeks and have not even made a doodle in my sketchbook and I even have new unopened brush pens sitting here, that is when you know I am not feeling well. Anyway, I have some medicine and appointments for chiropractors and physical therapy so I should be back on track soon.

From left to right Holbein Gouache, MBGI-WAP Gouache, M. Graham Gouache. After painting all of these swatches side by side I can really see a difference in quality of the cheap MBGI-WAP compared to the higher end brands. I have not been able to use the M. Graham enough to truly judge but I think I like their consistency and coverage the best and oooh that Payne's Gray!


This is a swatch of the M. Graham Payne's Gray, so beautiful when you add a touch of water to it. I can't wait to get back to painting and really get into these new colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment