Friday, July 13, 2018


Over the 4th of July holiday we went camping at Indian Lake and it was HOT! I want to call this a watercolor sketch that was done en plein air (outdoors), but truth be told I was sitting in the air conditioned camper looking out of the window. I cannot get the colors quite right, the blue in my actual painting is not so bright. Oh if I only knew how to use my computer a little better, it is an old mac and I have always had Windows in the past so there is a learning curve. There is a group of artist here in Findlay that meet every Wednesday morning for an hour to paint en plein air at a different park in the area. I went twice and it was nice to meet everyone and talk about painting. So long story short that is the reason I was interested in trying to paint en plein air. This is done with my Yarka watercolor set with a water brush in an 8X5 Moleskine watercolor sketchbook. This sketchbook has not had enough use, the first pages are from the Arizona state fair in 2006 and I am only 5 pages in.

No comments:

Post a Comment