Monday, July 23, 2018

Bearded Dragon Plays Guitar


This is probably the most accurate picture I have ever painted out of my head. Mandy and I got to meet a bearded dragon named Tiger while we were camping at Indian Lake. My imagination can run wild with little adventures for critters I meet. This guy has been traveling for a long time and has decided to sit under a shade tree and play his guitar. I found a photo of a bearded dragon sitting in a tiny chair on pintrest, I had a tiny guitar picture from a guitar center ad, and I also looked up a tree to try to make it look right. This "quick morning painting" took me most of the day but I am very happy with it. I tend to get carried away with my small rigger brush making all of the spines and dots, and details. This is in my 5 inch square book in gouache but I didn't do a to do list that day, good thing because nothing else got done anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment