Thursday, February 24, 2011

Adventures in drawing people

drawing people


I have always shied away from drawing people because truth be told I have never been good at it and I was too embarrassed to even really try.  For some reason last week I got the idea in my head that I should start drawing people no matter how bad the drawings came out and you know what? I had a lot of fun drawing all kinds of people from historical figures to people in the news to some characters I saw in real life. I filled page upon page of silly looking faces and I really enjoyed myself and made myself laugh. I realized it doesn't matter if I am not good at drawing people because I am having fun and the drawings actually started improving after only 2 days of practice. I think if I keep on going I might actually get good at drawing people. Is there anything you are afraid to draw? If there is maybe you should give it a try. You don't have to show anyone the results if you don't like the way it turns out.

I decided to change to blogger because I have more control over the layout here. You can see a few weeks worth of my sketchbook over on typepad where I started out if you would like. It will be here from now on. Sorry for any confusion over the switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment